Sunday, June 20, 2010

How to control really thick medium-coarse curly hair?

I have extremely thick, curly hair that is medium to coarse in texture due to my Greek heritage.



My hair is in layers so the issue is not volume, but shape. My ringlets always seem to separate by the end of the day, leaving me with a messy frizz look.



I've tried several Garnier products for curly hair, but they just make my hair look greasy and does nothing to control the poofy-ness; moreover, the Bedhead products make my hair feel really brittle. Finally, I'm allergic to Pantene because my scalp always feels like a swarm of fire ants has attacked me after using their products.



Currently, I'm using gel from Tresemme for curly hair but it doesn't seem to keep my ringlets in shape for long. Is there any other product out there that anyone recommends? Should I be using a gel or mousse? Thank you so much!



PS I do not straighten my hair or use a hair dryer.



How to control really thick medium-coarse curly hair?

The problem is that you're using inferior products. I also have long, curly hair and it's important to use a very reputable product specialized for your particular texture. Your hair needs lots of moisture because of it's thickness and courseness, as well as a product to control the curl because you don't want to straighten/blow dry.



The best product you can get for curly hair is Kerastase Oleo-Curl Range (see here: http://www.kerastase-usa.com/_en/_us/con... ). Of course there's no need to buy everything, but purchasing the shampoo and curl definiton oil will keep your curls looking healthy and moisturized. Unfortunately, curls tend to look dry, brittle, split or frizzy when they're not given large doses of moisture. I've used every brand you mentioned except for Tresemme as well as many others and this is the best line I've come across, and it's been recommended by every major hair stylist.



Another product I'd highly recommend is the Phyto Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm (see here: http://www.amazon.com/Phyto-Phytodefrisa... ). This product is free of chemicals (so it won't strip your hair of any moisture or cause any product-related damage). You simply apply it to damp hair and wait for it to dry. It straightens hair and gives it shine. Losing some of the curl might be the best way to keep your hair looking polished and sleek during the day.



Hope this helps :).



How to control really thick medium-coarse curly hair?

My hair is a lot like yours so I'll tell ya what I use.



I use Suave Sleek (knock-off of Matrix) shampoo and conditioner on my hair. They actually work better than the Matrix version for me. I do however use the Matrix Biolage gelee. It doesn't take a lot of it to keep my hair under control all day. No frizz, and no sticky residue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash advance